httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: Browser capabilities?
Date Tue, 30 Sep 1997 17:34:16 GMT

On Tue, 30 Sep 1997, Rob Hartill wrote:

> On Tue, 30 Sep 1997, Dean Gaudet wrote:
>
> > Funny you should ask that question.  MSIE's does change.
>
> three cheers for MS.  What does it change from/to ?

Yeah MSIE is a quality product ... if you treat it as an alpha (i.e. I
don't really fault them for screwing up HTTP/1.1 ... once :)

crawling:
    Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 4.0; MSIECrawler; Windows 95)

not crawling:
    Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 4.0b2; Windows NT)

> >  I'm not sure if
> > wired has been able to beat sense into netscape's head yet and get them to
> > make their's change too.  They have been trying for some time now, so have
> > other content partners.  So you can pray.
>
> ... or just ban IP addresses completely :-)

Doesn't look like Netscape has wisened up yet.  Although I only spent
20 seconds looking for user agent differences in the logs.

Dean