httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: Dynamic server spawning broken in 1.3?
Date Wed, 17 Sep 1997 22:44:07 GMT
I know it definately spawns more under linux ... you'd really need to hit
it with a lot of concurrency to prove that it's not just satisfying the
load with a smaller number of children.  My test case for testing the
spawning is to open two hundred connections and not ask a thing on any of
them, just hold 'em open.

It's pretty safe to run a par (irix for strace/ktrace/truss) against the
parent, you'll see it spawning and you'll see it killing children off.
It's not very active so you don't have to worry about it spamming you.

Dean