httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: indent, line splitting?
Date Tue, 16 Sep 1997 00:07:31 GMT
I'm also finding that indent sometimes (but not always) totally mutates
switch statements.  It indents the case labels sometimes, and then lines
the code up with that.  But not all the time ... and we do specify -cli0
which should mean no indenting of the case statement.

Also on alloc.c it totally screws up because it does not understand va_arg
that well -- watch out for this.  I had to change:

    va_arg(ap, char *)

to:

    va_arg(ap, char_star)

and then reverse the change after running indent.

I just mention these things to dispel the notion that we can do this
periodically or on any automated basis.  indent is just not perfect
technology.

Dean