httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: AddModule doesn't work correctly (fwd)
Date Thu, 11 Sep 1997 22:07:34 GMT

On Thu, 11 Sep 1997, Alexei Kosut wrote:

> So for 1.3 I rewrote add_module() to increase total_modules when it adds
> modules, so any additional config vector creation is at least large
> enough (possibly too large, but I don't worry about that too much).

But what about a config:

<Directory /bleck>
asdf
</Directory>

AddModule mod_dig_this

?

When merge_per_dir_config is done with that directory later it's possible
that mod_dig_this will reference past the end of the vector.  One
possible solution is to change the vector to include a length.

But worse ... if a ClearModules is done after something like that
directory then it's possible that two modules will get the configs for
each other ... which could be why Xaver was mentioning that AddModules
shouldn't do things out of order.

Dean