httpd-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: Whither 1.3? Patches, feature freeze, etc...
Date Thu, 11 Sep 1997 18:58:03 GMT
+1

I'll commit tomorrow morning unless people want me to commit today. 

Dean

On Thu, 11 Sep 1997, Randy Terbush wrote:

> > 
> > Ken now has a standing -1 on all non-bug-fixes to 1.3. That's what I was
> > referring to. I'm all for getting 1.3b1 out asap, provided we accept that
> > there will be many bug reports and a lot of work to get 1.3b2 ready.
> > 
> > So, I think we should
> > 
> >   - commit the outstanding patches from the latest status
> >   - commit reliable logs
> >   - commit the OS abstraction capability
> 
> Don't forget to throw in here to run indent on the current code 
> base.
> 
> >   - all test 1.3b1-dev over the next couple of days
> >   - release 1.3b1 on (say) 15/16 Sep (as in the current plan)
> > 
> > 1.3b1 will be buggy (at least for win32 stuff) so if our testing finds a
> > few bugs before release we don't need to hold the release. The known_bugs
> > page can be updated in the dist with the, gulp, known bugs. It is a first
> > beta after a major development after all, so users must be prepared for
> > bugs. As far as they are concerned there isn't much difference between a
> > bug we found a day before the release and one they find the day after
> > (except with the former they actually get a warning about it in
> > known_bugs). 
> > 
> > //pcs
> > 
> > 
> 
> 
> 
> 


Mime
View raw message