httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apachen/src/main conf.h
Date Tue, 09 Sep 1997 21:32:11 GMT
In my pending cleanup patch at one point I actually completely revamped
the scoreboard ... but then tossed it away 'cause it was a big change.
What I did was to split up the scoreboard into many smaller structures.
This does result in a moderate increase in L1-cache locality, but the
effect is really small and I figured not worth it at this point.

If you were to attempt to do this then I suggest that you have a
scoreboard_status_slot structure and array.

But please wait for the rest of my patch since I play in that area
already.  I still haven't got my development machine back on-net since my
move ... fighting with the phone company about a line they supposedly
installed.

Dean