httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: Auth failure in Win32
Date Tue, 02 Sep 1997 06:48:44 GMT
On Sun, 31 Aug 1997, Ben Laurie wrote:

> I've tracked it down to this bit of code (http_request.c, line 384):
>
> 	    if (entry_core->r
> 		|| entry_dir[0] != '/'
> 		|| entry_core->d_components > i) break;
>
> What is the purpose of the entry_dir[0] != '/' test? Dean introduced
> this in 1.70, BTW (or so it seems).

This is a somewhat obscure thing that existed before my work in 1.70...
but it seems I did goof.

If the directory name does not start with a '/' then it is considered
"special" (consider <Directory proxy:*>) and is dealt with entirely
differently.  This is legacy crud, since proxy:* is really better off
done in location_walk rather than directory_walk.

My goof is that I didn't bother thinking about OS2/WIN32 drive letters.
You need to fix it here, and in the core_reorder_directories function in
http_core.c.  You'll also find more docs about this stuff in http_core.c.

Dean