httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: Gee1 I want.... I'd like to see.... (fwd)
Date Tue, 02 Sep 1997 05:57:54 GMT

On Wed, 27 Aug 1997, Christof Damian wrote:

> The next step would be an API to do auth with a db and runtime options
> that are the same for all databases.

Ian Kluft proposed a more modular approach to auth back when we started
the 2.0 discussions after 1.2.0 was released.  His suggestion boils down
to having modules which don't do HTTP-things, but do lookup-things.  So
then we'd have a mod_auth, and configure it to ask mod_lookup_mysql to do
the lookup.

The result is far far far less duplicated effort.

Dean