httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Jason A. Dour" <...@bcc.louisville.edu>
Subject Re: [STATUS] 1.3b1: Wed Sep 24 18:11:10 PDT 1997
Date Thu, 25 Sep 1997 18:53:22 GMT

On Thu, 25 Sep 1997, Dean Gaudet wrote:
> Right, here it is again for those who missed it.
>
> On Thu, 25 Sep 1997, Lars Eilebrecht wrote:
> > > Please tell me if I've missed any outstanding patches.
> >
> > Yes, my proxy patch that fixes the matching bug with multi-ip hosts
> > (1.3 only).

	My two-line patch to suEXEC got passed over as well...  I've
attatched it again...  Small fix for a small problem, but a problem
nonetheless...  I +1, but I'm the author.  ;)

Jason

On Wed, 17 Sep 1997, Jason A. Dour wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I've been a bit busy with work and life lately, and haven't had time to
> give suEXEC a good run for its money of late...but somewhere along the way
> (not sure where or when) suexec.c developed an implementation bug.
>
> This bug was brought to my attention by our UofL webmaster.  It's a SIMPLE
> fix IMHO, and I'd recommend its addition to the suexec.c code.
>
> Basically, the intention of the early suEXEC code was to not log any
> transactions if the LOG_EXEC define was not defined.  We still have it
> this way in suexec.h, but suexec.c will fail to compile if you do not
> define LOG_EXEC because it uses LOG_EXEC is some logging code that is not
> IFDEF'd.  So, we add two lines for IFDEF/ENDIF, and we're cool.  Problem
> fixed.
>
> Here's the patch for everyone perusal...  Sorry for not being much of a
> help of late....
>
> Jason
> # Jason A. Dour <jad@bcc.louisville.edu>                            1101
> # Programmer Analyst II; Department of Radiation Oncology; Univ. of Lou.
> # Finger for URLs, PGP public key, geek code, PJ Harvey info, et cetera.

=====SNIPPETY=====
*** suexec.c.orig	Wed Sep 17 11:35:50 1997
- --- suexec.c	Wed Sep 17 11:34:27 1997
***************
*** 138,143 ****
- --- 138,144 ----

  static void err_output(const char *fmt, va_list ap)
  {
+ #ifdef LOG_EXEC
      time_t timevar;
      struct tm *lt;