httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Sutton <p...@ukweb.com>
Subject Re: Makefile for Win95
Date Mon, 15 Sep 1997 09:10:01 GMT
On Sun, 14 Sep 1997, Ben Laurie wrote:
> Presumably on NT make works as it should (that is, it doesn't remember
> directory changes between lines). I guess this must be so, or the
> existing makefile wouldn't work. Which means the 95 version won't work
> on NT. Right?

No, I tested it (exclusively) on NT, and NT definitely does remember the
directory changes between lines. I think under all versions of windows
even sub-shells (i.e. .bat files) affect the parent environment (which is
very crappo, but Windows users weem happy with it. Duh).

Looks like the & syntax was an attempt to fix this problem, without really
fixing it properly.

Paul
--
Paul Sutton, Technical Director, UK Web ---- http://www.ukweb.com/~paul/