httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Sutton <p...@ukweb.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apachen/src/os/win32 os.c
Date Fri, 12 Sep 1997 17:41:24 GMT
On Fri, 12 Sep 1997, Ben Laurie wrote:
> Paul Sutton wrote:
0);
> > > What? What's wrong with:
> > > return file && (file[0] == '/' || file[1] == ':');
> >
> > Eh? They are almost exactly the same. If ?: is too expense change it to
> > the latter.
> No, they are _exactly_ the same (except yours is harder to read), which
> is why I object.

Yeah. I wasn't clear.. I say +1 if you want to change it. I was
concentrating on getting the infrastructure in place to suport OS
abstractions - the actual example of os_is_path_absolute() I threw in at
the last moment. Because it is wrong (no check for UNCs, thinks relative
paths like "C:relative/bit" are absolute) I didn't really think about it
too much, assuming it would need fixing properly pretty soon. I also
wanted to get the OS abstraction-enabling patches committed asap so we
have as long as possible to test them before the planned beta release, and
before a feature freeze is firmly applied.

//pcs