httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Sutton <>
Subject Re: 1.3 versus 1.3.1
Date Wed, 10 Sep 1997 22:30:40 GMT
On Wed, 10 Sep 1997, Alexei Kosut wrote:
> On Wed, 10 Sep 1997, Dean Gaudet wrote:
> > Where's NT at?  we dunno really, right?  'cause we need to release another
> > version and get more people to whack on it.  I honestly think we'll be
> > stuck with several betas, enough to shake out bugs with those two
> > features.
> Well, I think NT's close. Although I think OS abstraction should wait
> until later, I'd like to see an os_absolute_path macro somewhere, because

Does this mean that you don't think the patches to *enable* OS-specific
abstractions (i.e. in os/*/os.{c,h})  should be committed for 1.3? If
committed, it ould enable the few os abstractions required for 1.3 to be
implemented in a consistent manner. I am worried if we don't have the
ability to add os specific code now, when 1.3 becomes a binary realese and
the floodgates are opened to every NT user to try Apache, we *will* get a
lot of NT bugs. They'll all be fixed by patching the code with #ifdef
WIN32 sections and things will get unmanageable. If the patches are in we
can, were required, abstract Win32 code to fix the bugs.

View raw message