httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Sutton <p...@ukweb.com>
Subject Re: new makefiles
Date Mon, 08 Sep 1997 08:29:24 GMT
On Sat, 6 Sep 1997, Marc Slemko wrote:
> Grrr.  I hate gnu make, but I'm thinking I hate BSD make more.  It
> insists on thinking that a target of foo has to be called foo on
> disk.  That doesn't work right because in our case it is looking
> at the times on the proxy _directory_ to see if it is up to date.

Erm, maybe its time to rewrite the modules/Makefile to use something like

all clean ::
	for i in $(SUBDIRS) ; do (cd $$i; $(MAKE) $@); done

and remove all the fake *_build and *_clean targets. I would like to use
this method in src/Makefile as well (esp. since regex is now treated just
like the other dirs). Do you think this will work on BSD make?

//pcs