httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Sutton <p...@ukweb.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apachen/src/os/win32 ApacheModuleRewrite.mak
Date Sat, 06 Sep 1997 15:37:59 GMT
On Fri, 5 Sep 1997, Ben Laurie wrote:
>   +LINK32_FLAGS=..\..\CoreR\ApacheCore.lib wsock32.lib kernel32.lib user32.lib\
>   + gdi32.lib winspool.lib comdlg32.lib advapi32.lib shell32.lib ole32.lib\
>   + oleaut32.lib uuid.lib odbc32.lib odbccp32.lib /nologo /subsystem:windows /dll\

Can we remove the unnecessary DLL import libs from the link lines, please?
I use some systems which do not have ODBC, for instance, so I have to
change the link line every time I update Apache on that system. We also do
not need to try and link against OLE. I.e. we can get rid of

  ole32.lib oleaut32.lib uuid.lib odbc32.lib odbccp32.lib

Of course since Apache doesn't use any of these calls this has no effect
on the end binary, and if it ever does call ODBC or OLE the libs can be
easily linked in. Any objections?

//pcs