httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Giovanni Maruzzelli <mar...@matrice.it>
Subject Re: [BUG] 1.3 not closing socket on NT
Date Fri, 05 Sep 1997 08:40:55 GMT
On Thu, 4 Sep 1997, Marc Slemko wrote:

> See MS KB article Q170359 for how to tune the time it remains in
> TIME_WAIT.  You should be able to drop it to 60 seconds without too much
> hassle, but that doesn't really fix anything.

With traffic from a robot I can reach the point of almost saturation in
less than a minute. (but on the NT machine I have only 32MB ram)

After that the traffic solws down to 2~3 access/second and remain stable

> Which of the traces you posted result in the server remaining in
> TIME_WAIT?

The trace of the LINUX client accessing NT server
BTW, also when LINUX client access LINUX server the socket remains in
TIME_WAIT, but this don't hurt...

-giovanni

          *                                             *
          *                                             *
          *    MATRICE srl                              *
          *    Information Technology Solutions         *
          *    Giovanni Maruzzelli                      *
          *    tel. (+39)(2)2952 0481                   *
          *    fax  (+39)(2)2952 0528                   *
          *    maruzz@matrice.it                        *
          *    http://www.matrice.it                    *