httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Sutton <p...@ukweb.com>
Subject Re: Current status of third-party module procedures?
Date Wed, 03 Sep 1997 09:31:43 GMT
On Tue, 2 Sep 1997 rasmus@bellglobal.com wrote:
> The ideal solution for me would be if I could create a mod_php.def file or
> something like that and then  when the user runs Configure it would go and
> read all the various *.def files are create INCLUDES, CFLAGS, LIBS and also
> override WANTHSREGEX or any other Configure settings.

If you haven't seen it already, you might to have a look at
htdocs/manual/sourcereorg.html (in apachen). It includes some basic
information for module authors about how to use these new features, plus
references to the examples in mod_auth_db{m}.(c|module). The docs are
pretty basic so feedback on how to make them more useful to third-party
module authors would be appreciated...

And yes, you can create a definition file (mod_php.module) which includes
anything you need Configure to know about when it runs.

Another module to look at is mod_status which shows how to use the current
value of a Rule from Configure to alter the cflags.

//pcs