httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Kosut <ako...@nueva.pvt.k12.ca.us>
Subject Re: [STATUS] 1.3b1: Wed Sep 24 18:11:10 PDT 1997
Date Fri, 26 Sep 1997 04:47:26 GMT
On Fri, 26 Sep 1997, Ben Laurie wrote:

> Dean Gaudet wrote:
> >
> > I was actually serious about possibly releasing 1.3b1 without a win32
> > binary.  I understand that both you and Alexei are without win32 access at
> > the moment ... so that leaves just Ben, right?
>
> I think it'd be quite reasonable to do this. I've said that before,
> surely? Anyway, go for it. So long as Win32 can be built, I'm happy.

BTW, a bit ago, I commited some tenative Win32-packaging instructions
to dev.apache.org/how-to-release. I never saw any comment on
those.... Since at the moment, it looks like you (Ben) will be stuck
doing that for 1.3b1, perhaps you could take a moment and review
those, so we can figure out exactly what needs to be done?

> BTW, all the major issues seem to be with CGIs, I suddenly realise. Not
> surprising, I suppose, but it may be that some small changes will fix
> them all.

Possibly... I'm still disturbed that there's no way to use
script-based CGIs that don't use # as a comment character, since the
current code emulates Unix in this manner. Isn't it possible (as in
other servers, like IIS) to use the Windows file system stuff to
associate extensions with programs, and launch them that way?

-- Alexei Kosut <akosut@nueva.pvt.k12.ca.us>