httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Kosut <ako...@nueva.pvt.k12.ca.us>
Subject Re: Year 2000 Compliance
Date Thu, 18 Sep 1997 03:54:10 GMT
On Wed, 17 Sep 1997, Brian Behlendorf wrote:

> Don't laugh.
>
> What does it take to be certified as Y2K compliant?

Dunno. But Apache is definitely compliant. It'll last as long as the
underlying OS will. On a Unix that has an unsigned 64-bit time_t
value, that'd be until the year 584554533311. But only until 2038
(signed 32-bit) for most Unices and for Windows - at least the POSIX
part. I think with Win32, you can go up to the year 65536 or so.

On another topic, for those of you out there who care about such
things... I've been sorta silent the last few days for a few
reasons. The main one is that the machine I'm using to read mail
was down. But otherwise... My summer employment at Organic terminated
last week. That also means I no longer have access to an Windows
machine for a bit, Brian is replacing the machine currently known as
hyperreal with a new machine in a few weeks, and he's donating the old
one to me. I'll be installing Linux and NT on it, and using it as an
Apache development machine.

And this Friday, I'm starting as a freshman at Stanford University
(if I hear another Chelsea joke, I'm going to scream), so I don't know
how much time I'll have available for Apache. But hopefully, I'll have
some.

-- Alexei Kosut <akosut@nueva.pvt.k12.ca.us>