httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Kosut <ako...@organic.com>
Subject Huh? Windows oddness
Date Thu, 11 Sep 1997 21:44:47 GMT
I've run into an interesting issue on Windows (NT 4.0, Service Pack 3),
which I can't seem to figure out:

About 50% or so of the time, when GETting certain directories (only
six-character long ones, it seems), either with or without the slash, the
Apache child will do the Windows equivilent of a seg fault. When it does
work, directory auto-indexes return a 403, yet index files seem to
work. Other directories (non six-character ones, I think) seem to work just
fine. I've taken out all the modules, and it still happens.

Running the debugger on it, it seems to be dying at the top of
file_walk(), where it tries to get conf->sec->nelts. Apparently, the conf
structure is getting screwed up somewhere, and conf->sec gets set to
0x000000a0 or something similar. And other elements of the conf
structure are screwed up as well. satisfy is a really big number (not 0,
1 or 2, certainly. More like 89235696), default_type is random junk, and
one time auth_type was pointing to a string that read "text/plain" -
which obviously should have been in the default_type slot.

It seems like somehow something accessing the per-dir configuration is
using a slightly different definition of core_dir_config than it should,
so it puts things in different places (though not consistently). I can't
figure out how this is happening, though, and it never happened before
yesterday (although I admit that I hadn't tried running the current
Apache on Windows for at least a few weeks before that).

Anyone have any ideas?

-- Alexei Kosut <akosut@organic.com>