httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Kosut <ako...@organic.com>
Subject This can't be good...
Date Fri, 05 Sep 1997 00:35:09 GMT
With the default Configuration, modified only for my C compiler, under
Solaris 2.5.1:

$ ./Configure
Using config file: Configuration
Creating Makefile
 + configured for Solaris 251 platform
 + Adding selected modules
awk: syntax error near line 1
awk: bailing out near line 1
awk: syntax error near line 1
awk: bailing out near line 1
 + doing sanity check on compiler and options
Creating Makefile in support
Creating Makefile in main
Creating Makefile in os/unix
Creating Makefile in modules/standard

If I then procede to type make, it compiles all the right parts, but
fails to link properly - it doesn't put modules/standard/libstandard.a
(or libextra.a, if I have any extra modules - which I've also tried) in
the link command. I'm assuming it's related to the awk problem above, but
I dunno.

Also, this isn't a bug, but it does reference, when linking, libmain by
main/libmain.a, but references libos by its full pathname. Surely they
should both be relative (for conciseness)?

Anyhow, this should be fixed, but I don't know the Configure stuff well
enough to even begin to guess where the problem is (nor do I know
anything about awk).

-- Alexei Kosut <akosut@organic.com>