httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Kosut <ako...@organic.com>
Subject Re: filter API spec
Date Mon, 01 Sep 1997 20:08:38 GMT
On Fri, 29 Aug 1997, Ben Laurie wrote:

[...]

> Probably not - but it's a rather inelegant solution. Suppose mod_proxy
> and mod_rewrite both want to push filters but in the opposite order.
> It's all rather messy, isn't it?

Well, this is more of an issue with the order in which modules are
parsed, isn't it? We've discussed, for 2.0, abilities to change that
order from the compiled-in order.

If we go with my idea of having modules register callbacks for API phases
instead of a static list of function pointers, they can ask for a
priority, or ask to be placed before/after another module, maybe?

We could even, I suppose, allow configuration of the order in which
modules are called for a given API phase.

So I think it's a seperate issue from an API to allow filtered streams,
but something we should deal with nonetheless.

-- Alexei Kosut <akosut@organic.com>