httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Sutton <>
Subject Re: Apache for NT (fwd)
Date Wed, 24 Sep 1997 23:49:49 GMT
On Wed, 24 Sep 1997, Marc Slemko wrote:
> Nope, I haven't responded and haven't noticed any responses either.  I was
> tempted to say "you are a bloody idiot"  but figure that wouldn't be fair
> without me looking at the NT stuff.  <g>

That is an appropriate answer, but not as diplomatic as perhaps it could
be! He shouldn't be having a problem if he's a MS developer - he can
either run nmake at the command line (I guess _real_ MS developers never
use the command line, cough). Or load each of the projects in turn and
compile. It isn't exactly plug-n-play, but what does he expect for an
alpha source-only release?

But he's doing something strange if he thinks our .dsw files are empty -
since we don't even ship anything called *.dsw. Umm.

> If getting access to a news server is a problem for you and you want it,
> let me know and we could probably work something out.

Actually Dean's already offered a server which is local to so
this is sorted. Thanks for the offer.

View raw message