httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Sutton <...@hyperreal.org>
Subject Re: Hmmm.. "Status" header field from ErrorDocument CGIs?
Date Wed, 24 Sep 1997 18:17:55 GMT
On Sun, 21 Sep 1997, Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:
>     If an ErrorDocument redirects to a CGI script, should the script
>     propagate the error status (if available)?  In other words, should
>     it contain something like the following Perl fragment?
>
>      if ($rstatus = $ENV{'REDIRECT_STATUS'}) {
>          print "Status: $rstatus";
>      }
>
>     I can't find it clearly defined anywhere.  (Nor mentioned at all,

I'm with RobH on this - it is purely a server issue and should not be
defined. The errordocument can chose what it wants to do - display an
error (in which case $rstatus would be appropriate), automaticlly "fix"
the URL display the correct page (or issue a redirect), or display a list
of possible matches (200, or maybe 306), maybe with cache-protection.

//pcs