httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@worldgate.com>
Subject Re: Proxy bug?
Date Wed, 01 Oct 1997 03:32:25 GMT
On Tue, 30 Sep 1997, Dean Gaudet wrote:

> I don't think it's a fatal problem -- I think the code is just a bit
> impatient at declaring them tardy.  Specifically on TERM, it does a
> killpg(SIGTERM), then calls reclaim_child_processes(2).  Then it waits a
> whopping 4096us before declaring them tardy.  Given that solaris has a
> hard time context switching 4ms isn't enough time.

I think this time needs to be tuned now that actual processing can be done
during the shutdown; several seconds would even be reasonable.  Having it
too high won't hurt anything too much other than leaving the server dead
for a few seconds.  That code shouldn't be called during "normal"
operation anyway, so...

Hmm, Roy... are you using any modules that do child exit stuff?