httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@worldgate.com>
Subject Re: Proxy bug?
Date Tue, 30 Sep 1997 01:29:12 GMT
Apache doesn't take the reported size of the file and translate it into a
Content-Length.  It could.  It already does a SIZE on the file, but you
would have to change it to do something other than throw away the size
returned (it only looks at the status code) and then use it later.

Grr.

The proxy sends:

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 1997 01:18:54 GMT

as a response to a ftp proxy request.  This means it is sending an
unchunked response without Content-Length or Connection: close.

That whole section is an ugly hack.  Perhaps the best thing is to just
replace SERVER_PROTOCOL with either a PROXY_SERVER_PROTOCOL or an explicit
HTTP/1.0.  It is easy enough to add a Connection: close, but I wonder if
it is worthwhile or if there may be other 1.1 problems.  The proxy is in
never-never land there...