httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@worldgate.com>
Subject Re: [STATUS] 1.3b1: Thu Sep 25 21:05:41 PDT 1997
Date Sun, 28 Sep 1997 22:16:34 GMT
On Sun, 28 Sep 1997, Marc Slemko wrote:

> On Thu, 25 Sep 1997, Dean Gaudet wrote:
>
> >     * Martin gets a SEGV occasionally
> >     * Marc is having some auth problems
> > 	Dean thinks these are related and probably his fault.  Hopes to
> > 	work on it shortly.
>
> Also note that I am seeing oddities with proxy access restrictions not
> working; may or may not be related.

Grr.  The problem with "require user marcs" letting user joe in is caused
by only the check_user_id handler being run and not the check_auth.  This
is because mod_example was complied into the server, and it
returns OK for all requests in its example_auth_checker, so nothing works
right.

While you can argue that it is just for testing and shouldn't be enabled,
I think that having a module that demonstrates how to do things but causes
such bogus behavior isn't good.  Sigh.

Note that this does _not_ fix my problems with proxy access restrictions
not working.