httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@worldgate.com>
Subject Re: mod_proxy/1163: Proxy Server does not forward http://user:passwd@site correctly (fwd)
Date Thu, 25 Sep 1997 18:20:09 GMT
It may be a valid URL with a http prefix, but I don't see any reason to
think it is a valid URL to be sent to a HTTP server, proxy or otherwise.

RFC1738 does not say that such things are valid.  I have seen references
to things generating them before too, but I do not understand the reason
unless it is from before proxy authentication existed.  I would suggest
saying "that is a boneheaded thing to do, so we don't support it".  Anyone
agree?