httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@worldgate.com>
Subject proxy access restrictions
Date Thu, 25 Sep 1997 00:00:40 GMT
First, the mod_proxy docs say:

	<Directory proxy:*>
	<Limit GET PUT POST DELETE CONNECT OPTIONS>
	order deny,allow
	deny from [machines you'd like *not* to allow by IP address or name]
	allow from [machines you'd like to allow by IP address or name]
	</Limit>
	</Directory>

Arrrrrrrgh.  Why is the Limit there!?!?  Unless something is broken,
it is not needed and should not be there.  I don't know how many times
I have to tell people to remove their bogus Limit statement.

Secondly, this doesn't work for me on my 1.3 server.  Running code
from a week or two ago.  Grr.  Works on 1.2.x using the same config
files.  This is the same setup where I'm seeing the "require user
foo" allowing other users access.  Still haven't had time to debug
it.  Does the proxy access limitation work for anyone on recent
code?