httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <>
Subject Re: new logs and errno
Date Sat, 13 Sep 1997 03:41:30 GMT
On Fri, 12 Sep 1997, Randy Terbush wrote:

> > People already think everything in the error log is an error.  Having
> > it labelled as an error isn't going to help that.
> If you are referring to the '[error]' label, that is really only an
> indicator of the level that the message is logged for. Makes it
> very nice when managing 100's of server error logs. I can easily
> strip out the stuff that is not my problem.

Naw, I didn't even look at that.  I was looking at the typical strerr(0)
result, eg.:

[Fri Sep 12 20:49:05 1997] [info] 0: Undefined error: 0: http_main.c:
3351: Apache HTTP Server version: Apache/1.3b1-dev

When it is fixed to not put errno stuff unless it should that will
go away.

I have no problems with the [error] in error things because... well...
they should be for errors so it is an error so it should be an error.  <g>

View raw message