httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@worldgate.com>
Subject Re: [BUG] 1.3 not closing socket on NT
Date Fri, 05 Sep 1997 05:50:30 GMT
On Fri, 5 Sep 1997, Giovanni Maruzzelli wrote:

> On Fri, 5 Sep 1997, Giovanni Maruzzelli wrote:
>

> > I understand your point, but:
> >
> > 	* this behavior is not happening in Unix
>                                ^^^^^^^^^
>                              please read 'damaging'

And that suprises me.  One of the advantages of NT is that it was supposed
to have lighter weight sockets which took less resources per socket.  MS
advocates went on and on about this WRT TCP SYN floods.

Sigh.  If I had NT kernel source I wouldn't have to think about running
the darn thing.

Oh, BTW, in refernece to the MS KB article I mentioned earlier; they
aren't very clear about exactly what changing that session impacts.  In
the top half, they say it impacts retransmit behavior, but the detailed
description in the bottom half only talks about TIME_WAIT.

Oh, have you compared the behavior of Apache to things like IIS and NS
Enterprise?