httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@worldgate.com>
Subject Re: Netscape Enterprise and HTTP/1.1
Date Wed, 03 Sep 1997 07:36:10 GMT
Freaky, now I see Sun's SWS-1.0 doing the same thing.

GET / HTTP/1.1
Host: devil

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Server: SWS-1.0
Date: Wed, 03 Sep 1997 07:32:10 GMT

<FRAMESET ROWS="66,*" BORDER=0 FRAMESPACING=0 FRAMEBORDER=0>
  <FRAME SRC="headers/headers.html" NAME="header" SCROLLING=NO
MARGINHEIGHT=1 MARGINWIDTH=1 NORESIZE>
[...]

and it ends up with the server acting like it is a persitent connection
waiting for the next request.  Wow, broken.  I am having trouble imagining
how people could even think HTTP/1.1 could function at all implemented
like that.