httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@worldgate.com>
Subject Re: Suggestion for the Options directive in Apache (fwd)
Date Wed, 03 Sep 1997 06:25:42 GMT
On Tue, 2 Sep 1997, Lars Eilebrecht wrote:

> According to Marc Slemko:
>
> >  Use IncludesNOEXEC and include virtual.  It doesn't quite work right yet,
> >  but it should.
>
> Uhm, but if IncludesNOEXEC is given it is impossible to use include
> virtual to include a cgi script... and that was the intention of the
> guy who sent the mail, wasn't it?

No it isn't.  Right now (well, last time I checked) you can use include
virtual to include something in a ScriptAliased directory, just not a CGI
setup with an AddHandler.  There is no reason IncludesNOEXEC should
prohibit including a document that would normally be executed as a CGI; it
should simply prohibit you from making anything else a CGI.

I think there was general agreement reached for changing the behavior so
IncludesNOEXEC worked with CGIs outside ScriptAlised directories, but I
never got around to it.