httpd-dev mailing list archives

From ras...@bellglobal.com
Subject Re: Timeframe for 1.3?
Date Tue, 02 Sep 1997 19:49:31 GMT
> More seriously, if you are planning on PHP 3.0 being out in the next few
> months you would be well advised to have 1.2 support, even if it isn't
> pretty.  Or you could include a patch to make the 1.2 Configure do the 1.3
> stuff with it.

Perhaps we could sneak the 1.3-style Configure code into 1.2.5 if for some
reason a 1.2.5 becomes necessary?

The other problem I have is that the httpd.h file is in different places
between the two versions.  In order to figure out which version I am dealing
with I need to check the MODULE_MAGIC_NUMBER in httpd.h.

Right now for PHP 3.0 I have to tell the user to go to his Apache directory
and look around for httpd.h somewhere under there.  And once found, to
start the PHP configure script with something like:

  ./configure --with-apache=/usr/local/src/apachen/src/main

I suppose I could write something which did the hunting for them and just
have them enter the top-level Apache dir.

-Rasmus