httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Roy T. Fielding" <field...@kiwi.ics.uci.edu>
Subject Re: [STATUS] 1.3b1: Tue Sep 30 10:00:33 PDT 1997
Date Tue, 30 Sep 1997 23:28:01 GMT
>How about a new release level: Final Candidate? We work on betas
>which reflect a work-in-progress. When we have a version that
>we think is stable enough to be the possible true release, it's

Ummm, terminology ... "stable" means it isn't likely to change,
not that its highly reliable.  A version that always crashes is stable.
What we need is a category for "on the cutting edge, but more reliable
than our last stable release".

Oh, and I still think they should be number 1.3.0, 1.3.1, ... from the
get go.  *shrug*

....Roy