httpd-dev mailing list archives

From c...@decus.org (Rodent of Unusual Size)
Subject Re: [SUBMIT] Perl script to split logfiles
Date Tue, 30 Sep 1997 12:50:44 GMT
>From the fingers of "Roy T. Fielding" flowed the following:
>
>>    We've talked for a long time about how a simple script can be used
>>    to split up a logfile common to all virtual hosts.  Here's one I
>>    hacked together; anyone think its worth adding to src/support?
>
>OTOH, you could just use the one in wwwstat-2.01 called splitlog.
>It has a bag full of features.

    I'd like to include one with the Apache distribution since we yammer
    so about the utility of doing it.  (Less since Dean's slack
    patches.)  I'd rather not include something from another package
    because then we get into keep-up mode.  How about including
    something simple like this, and also a pointer to wwwstat for
    more/better features if needed?

    #ken    P-)}