httpd-dev mailing list archives

From c...@decus.org (Rodent of Unusual Size)
Subject Re: todo on win32
Date Tue, 30 Sep 1997 11:57:18 GMT
>From the fingers of Marc Slemko flowed the following:
>
>Why can't SERVER_BUILT just use __DATE__ and __TIME__ ?

    No particular reason that I can think of, as long as it's always
    recompiled at link-time and not made a normal target.

    Well, actually, there *is* a reason.  I looked into it originally, I
    now remember, and found that the bundled cpp on DU 3.2 says
    "__DATE__ and __TIME__ are reserved for future use."  (Well, the man
    page says it, not cpp - I didn't test it.)  In light of caginess
    such as that, I opted to go with a known workable method.

    Is it the `date` portion that's hard to do on Windoze, or the
    dynamic creation?  I imagine that the latter is work-aroundable.

    #ken    P-)}