httpd-dev mailing list archives

From c...@decus.org (Rodent of Unusual Size)
Subject Hmmm.. "Status" header field from ErrorDocument CGIs?
Date Sun, 21 Sep 1997 19:34:14 GMT
    Here's a potentially interesting thought.

    If an ErrorDocument redirects to a CGI script, should the script
    propagate the error status (if available)?  In other words, should
    it contain something like the following Perl fragment?

     if ($rstatus = $ENV{'REDIRECT_STATUS'}) {
         print "Status: $rstatus";
     }

    I can't find it clearly defined anywhere.  (Nor mentioned at all,
    actually.)  I'm inclined that that this is Good behaviour, and
    should be encouraged, unless the error is one that should *not* have
    a content-body (e.g., 1xx, 204, 205, 304, et cetera, because the
    server will trim off the body in those cases and the whole point of
    customising the error is lost).

    Any thoughts?  (Particularly from Roy?)

    #ken    P-)}