httpd-dev mailing list archives

From c...@decus.org (Rodent of Unusual Size)
Subject Re: indent, line splitting?
Date Tue, 16 Sep 1997 01:31:11 GMT
>From the fingers of "Roy T. Fielding" flowed the following:
>
>We definitely need to hand edit a file after it has been indent'd.
>I spent about two hours per non-header file doing that the other night,
>but that was mostly because I think the core files need extra attention
>to readability.

    Hmm.  I've been doing it the other way round: tweaking the source
    until the indent output was acceptable, then committing the output.
    That way future indent runs shouldn't break anything.  Hopefully.
    Of course, the worst problem in the files I've working on has been
    the indentation; they're pretty vanilla and don't have a lot of that
    confusing varargs and #ifdef stuff.  (By accident - not!)

    (BTW, thanks for the tip about GNU indent - it works a treat over
    the lame DU version!)

    #ken    P-)}