httpd-dev mailing list archives

From (Rodent of Unusual Size)
Subject Re: new log bleh
Date Mon, 15 Sep 1997 15:07:15 GMT
>From the fingers of Randy Terbush flowed the following:
>I liked your other suggestion of having %E or something provide
>errno() and strerror(). I agree with Marc's comments that we need
>both. That way we can still do this with one logging function. ???
>As for filename, I don't think this is something that we want to
>see for every error ...

    So how about a new item, APLOG_NOMARK:

    and have those be signals to aplog_error() that those fields
    shouldn't be included in the output?

    BTW, I didn't notice at the time (sorry!) - is there a rationale for
    this being named "aplog_error" instead of "ap_log_error"?  Most of
    the other "ap" prefixes are "ap_"..  Just curious.

    #ken    P-)}

View raw message