httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Dirk.vanGulik" <Dirk.vanGu...@jrc.it>
Subject Re: Apache Freezing (select: (listen): Bad address) (fwd)
Date Fri, 12 Sep 1997 17:18:32 GMT
> From new-httpd-owner@apache.org Fri Sep 12 18:57:57 1997
> Marc Slemko wrote:
> >
> > I still don't buy this, but FWIW...
> >
> > He is claiming that since the kernel doesn't like what Apache is passing
> > it then Apache must be broken, since it couldn't every be Linux.  It does
> > happen with 1.2, Linux is the only OS it happens on.  That doesn't mean it
> > can't be a bug in Apache, but...
>
> If Apache is passing an invalid address, then it is Apache. Of course,
> the fact that the kernel says it is invalid is not proof that it is
> invalid - but that may not be what he means when he says he's verified
> and traced it.

Ok, I've got a mininal but fresh stock redhat 4.2
installed now; and a ./Configure on dist-ed Apache 1.2
and am getting no joy; any specific modules,
libraries you are including/linking, etc, etc.. ??

On a not so virgin 4.1 I am getting no reproduction either.

Any more help you can give me to track this down ? I'd love
to because it has buggered one of my customers for a while
and they had very similar moans on 1.1. for quite some time.
They moved to FreeBSD; but at considerable expense and I
would not mind moving them back in line.

Dw.