httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Roy T. Fielding" <field...@kiwi.ics.uci.edu>
Subject Re: filter API spec
Date Thu, 04 Sep 1997 08:31:08 GMT
The funny thing is that I've spent most of the last two months
trying to do this in Ada95, with limited success.  I am using
buckets (pointers to an iovec structure) and passing things around
as a list of buckets, which occasionally get stuck in buffer
queues (called bucket_brigades, of course).  Such a design maximizes
use of writev.  Unfortunately, Ada95 is so frickin stupid that I end
up doing double the work just to connect to the C system interface.

BTW, have you looked at Henrik's Streams implementation in w3c-libwww?

.....Roy