httpd-dev mailing list archives

From c...@decus.org (Rodent of Unusual Size)
Subject Re: general/1091: mod_unique_id is listed as a feature of 1.3 but is not present in 1.3a1
Date Wed, 03 Sep 1997 19:43:29 GMT
>From the fingers of Alexei Kosut flowed the following:
>
>Hmm. I was pretty sure I had stuck the copy of new_features_1_3.html to
>the APACHE_1_3a1 tag, explicitly to prevent this from happening. It
>appears someone replaced the docs directory with a new one from apachen,
>and the tags got removed (the two files that had them were
>new_features_1_3.html and windows.html).

    That was I.  Brian suggested it, I demurred, and you confirmed that
    Brian was right - so I did it:

>Date: Thu, 28 Aug 1997 14:23:25 -0700 (PDT)
>From: Alexei Kosut <akosut@organic.com>
>Subject: Re: CVS updating of apache.org website
>
>On Thu, 28 Aug 1997, Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:
>
>> From the fingers of Brian Behlendorf flowed the following:
>> >
>> >Could someone change the CVS checkout of htdocs/manual under
>> >/export/pub/apache/docs on apache.org to point to the "apachen" modules
>> >instead of the "apache" module?  And then do an update....
>>
>>     No, that would put the 1.3 documentation out into public view - and
>>     1.3 isn't released yet.  This was decided back in June..
>
>Um. No. When we released 1.3a1, we released the APACHE_1_2_x tag on the
>docs and brought them up to the head. Brian is correct.

    I'm getting tired of having to pussy-foot around all the tags and
    special-case directory conditions.  I +1 we leave apache.org/docs on
    the HEAD, where it is now, and just cope with these issues as they
    come in.

    #ken    P-)}