httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Laurie <...@algroup.co.uk>
Subject Re: Proxy bug?
Date Tue, 30 Sep 1997 20:55:00 GMT
Marc Slemko wrote:

> On Tue, 30 Sep 1997, Roy T. Fielding wrote:
>
> > >The proxy sends:
> > >
> > >HTTP/1.1 200 OK
> > >Date: Tue, 30 Sep 1997 01:18:54 GMT
> > >
> > >as a response to a ftp proxy request.  This means it is sending an
> > >unchunked response without Content-Length or Connection: close.
> >
> > Yep, that's a bug alright.  It is also screwing up the URL on an
> > html directory index for "..".  Grrrr... I am going to fix that HTTP/1.1
> > thingie right now, but we should get a real URL parser in util.
>
> Yes, a real parser is good but when you actually try implementing
> something that is useful in the widest range of situations it takes a
> little bit of thought.  In the meantime, it is a 3 line change to fix the
> .. bug. I have a patch for it here, just no time... time... time... sigh.

Sudden thought. If we were to mark bits of code that could do with a URL
parser with some distinctive string, say, /* URLPARSER */, and,
optionally, an explanatory comment, then the task of writing one would
be considerably eased.

Of course, this mechanism could be used for other things, too, I just
can't think of any right now.

Cheers,

Ben.

--
Ben Laurie            |Phone: +44 (181) 994 6435|Apache Group member
Freelance Consultant  |Fax:   +44 (181) 994 6472|http://www.apache.org