httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Laurie <...@algroup.co.uk>
Subject Re: MakeModule.cpp
Date Sun, 14 Sep 1997 17:54:44 GMT
Paul Sutton wrote:

> Erm, does this file have any point in the source tree? It converts
> a VC 4.2 template into a VC 4.2 makefile. Since we are using VC5 now and
> have already created the makefiles, is it needed?

Nope.

> It also seems to do
> something that is trivial in sed, awk or perl, so why do we need a C(++)
> program to do it?

Coz sed, awk and perl are not necessarily to hand on Win32 machines.

> It is written in C++, which isn't standard for Apache code, and has a
> highly non-compliant layout, and appears to lack any documentation or
> comments. Perhaps it was committed by accident along with the real files
> (the module projects)?

I can't remember whether I did it deliberately or accidentally, but you
are welcome to delete it.

Cheers,

Ben.

--
Ben Laurie            |Phone: +44 (181) 994 6435|Apache Group member
Freelance Consultant  |Fax:   +44 (181) 994 6472|http://www.apache.org