httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Laurie <...@algroup.co.uk>
Subject Re: OS specific headers
Date Sun, 14 Sep 1997 12:07:27 GMT
Paul Sutton wrote:

> At the moment, the OS specific directories (os/*) are responsible for
> copying any required OS-specific header files to $(INCDIR). This makes the
> OS macros, inlines and function prototypes available to all other source
> files.
>
> But I've just realised I made it *COPY* these files, when symbolic links
> would be better to stop people accidently editing the wrong file. I am not
> sure why I didn't do this to start with. Anywhere here is a patch to
> link the OS specific files from $(INCDIR) to their real location.

Does this actually work? I seem to remember that if you edit a softlink
with emacs the link ends up broken, and a new file created. Although it
may be less of an issue with Unix, I'd still prefer #include
"../os/unix/os.h".

Cheers,

Ben.

--
Ben Laurie            |Phone: +44 (181) 994 6435|Apache Group member
Freelance Consultant  |Fax:   +44 (181) 994 6472|http://www.apache.org