httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Laurie <...@algroup.co.uk>
Subject Re: init_modules
Date Sat, 13 Sep 1997 13:11:38 GMT
Doug MacEachern wrote:

> Can we go back to the old behavior of read_config/init_modules twice
> at server startup?  I know Dean said we could, but I think it involved
> some other changes too?  The current 1.3b1-dev really breaks <Perl>
> configuration sections, the workaround(s) look _really_ ugly right
> now, in fact, I don't have one that works right yet.

Although the double-init was more a feature than a specification, I
think we probably shouldn't change it. It has been pointed out in the
past that since modules have to reinit on a HUP it is a good idea to
double-init, so that modules that don't reinit correctly show up at
startup.

Cheers,

Ben.

--
Ben Laurie            |Phone: +44 (181) 994 6435|Apache Group member
Freelance Consultant  |Fax:   +44 (181) 994 6472|http://www.apache.org