httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Christof Damian <dam...@mediaconsult.com>
Subject Re: Log file: allow strftime parameters?
Date Wed, 10 Sep 1997 09:28:52 GMT
Dean Gaudet wrote:

> On Wed, 10 Sep 1997, Elizabeth Mattijsen wrote:
>
> > You have complete flexibility.
>
> Sure, until someone else wants Yet Another Log Rotation Feature.
>
> It would be closer to the unix philospohy to push this all off into
> another program.
>
> Dean

I am more into the perl philosophy: "make the simple things easy, and
the difficult things possible" (or something like that).

mod_rewrite is like that, you can do simple thing real easy and you can
use a script if you want to.

I don't know how many of the 600k apache servers do some kind of log
rotation, but I guess about every server which uses the log files at
all.

damian
--
Christof Damian