httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Laurie <...@algroup.co.uk>
Subject Re: [STATUS] 1.3b1 Sun Sep 7 11:36:34 EDT 1997
Date Mon, 08 Sep 1997 09:46:12 GMT
Alexei Kosut wrote:

> On Sun, 7 Sep 1997, Jim Jagielski wrote:

> > 1.3b1 status as of Sun Sep  7 11:36:34 EDT 1997
> >
> > The Schedule
> > ============
> >
> >    o We are currently in Feature Freeze
> >    o Release of 1.3b1 on 9/9/97
>
> Seems very doubtful. There are a number of outstanding patches, the
> Configure stuff doesn't seem to work right, I don't know Ben's status on
> InstallShield, the docs are not at a point where I would not -1 a 1.3b1
> release.

Ben's status on InstallShield:

1. InstallShield's FTP servers are horribly broken:

  a) They do transfers to Netscape in ASCII.

  b) They have a 15 minute time limit.

  c) They don't support reget.

I expect you can guess which brand of FTP server they use :-)

Anyway, now that I've figured all these things out, and found a pipe of
sufficient bandwidth to get the (16 MB) install in one shot, I'm nearly
at a point where I can install InstallShield.

2. I've got a huge lump of files from Eric Esselink which allegedly will
cause InstallShield to generate an install.

3. A new week has started, and I'm as busy as hell.

4. It's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses.

Cheers,

Ben.

--
Ben Laurie            |Phone: +44 (181) 994 6435|Apache Group member
Freelance Consultant  |Fax:   +44 (181) 994 6472|http://www.apache.org