httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Laurie <...@algroup.co.uk>
Subject Re: Status on Windows
Date Fri, 05 Sep 1997 19:05:25 GMT
Alexei Kosut wrote:

> As a bug reporter pointed out, Apache on Windows uses short status
> reports, with no way to easily change them to long ones - and it gives
> you a message about changing Configuration, which is incorrect.
>
> Since the rationale for short/long scoreboards was to save space and time
> when writing scoreboards to disk on systems that do that, and since on
> Windows, the scoreboard is just a normal chunk of memory allocated by
> malloc(), is there any reason we shouldn't just do this? (untested)

Also bearing in mind that the (well, at least, my) primary aim for a
Win32 port is to allow people to test stuff without having to have
access to a Unix box, efficiency is not the main concern.

In short, +1.

Cheers,

Ben.

--
Ben Laurie            |Phone: +44 (181) 994 6435|Apache Group member
Freelance Consultant  |Fax:   +44 (181) 994 6472|http://www.apache.org