httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Laurie <...@algroup.co.uk>
Subject Re: Auth failure in Win32
Date Mon, 01 Sep 1997 21:17:33 GMT
Alexei Kosut wrote:

> On Sun, 31 Aug 1997, Ben Laurie wrote:
>
> > <Directory />
>
> [...]
>
> > doesn't do the trick, you have to use:
> >
> > <Directory c:/>
>
> [...]
>
> > Sigh. We should probably flag <Directory /> as a config error.
>
> That's right... I knew there was another reason we should be calling
> os_canonical_filename() on <Directory> and <Files> arguments. Though I
> wish someone could explain to me how we can make
> <DirectoryMatch ^/$> work, or flag it as a config error.

I don't see why we should try to make it work. Just accept that
pathnames on Win32 look like <drive>:/<path>. It's the way it is. You
don't expect Apache to warn you that <DirectoryMatch ^x$> is a stupid
thing to do, so why expect it to warn about <DirectoryMatch ^/$>?

I admit I'm reversing my previous position :-)

Cheers,

Ben.

--
Ben Laurie            |Phone: +44 (181) 994 6435|Apache Group member
Freelance Consultant  |Fax:   +44 (181) 994 6472|http://www.apache.org